Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas - the best time of the year?

I'm by no means a Grinch and I love this holiday....I'm just a slacker so it always hits me way too hard. Basically I haven't bought one Christmas present yet and I still have to do all my Christmas cards too. I'm always bad, but this year is even worse than ever because of the cruise (which was worth the stress I'll be feeling for the next 2 weeks). In order to prepare for the whirlwind shopping I'm going to have to do this weekend I have put together an excel spreadsheet with every one's names I have to get something for, what they are getting, who it is from (i.e, me, Todd, the kids, the man in red) and where to get it. I am hoping this will cut down on extra spending (probably not...I'm a sucker when I see something that someone just "has to have") and it should also help with the need for speed. I really do envy those of you out there who start shopping in the summer and finish on the day after Thanksgiving. It must make this holiday a lot more fun. I will say I have cut a big stress out this year due to lack of time .... no hand-made presents from Kathy this year. Todd is lucky that he won't have to help me with last minute crafts for once. I always bite off more than I can chew and he ends up sawing, gluing, painting and nailing for me.

Next year I'll do better!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm in awe that you ever make homemade gifts - the only thing I seem to make this time of year is cookies/baked goods...no time or energy to think of other ways to be creative. ( :

Good luck with the shopping. I do hate going to the mall this time of year (or any other store for that matter).