Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kindergarten Shots

Today he had to get 6 shots so that he can keep going to school. When I told him I said "Luke we need to go get your kindergarten shots so you can keep going to school" and he promptly said "that's ok, I'll just go to first grade instead". What a crack up!

Then today after school Todd was going to bring him to the county health department (right across the street from my work) and we were going to get his shots then take him to lunch and then Todd was going to take him to a movie. But Luke decided to eat a lunchable at home and didn't want to go to a movie because he said he would rather just go back home and play World of Warcraft. Oh boy.

So, we got his shots and he ended up needing 6 instead of 3 to get caught up. He was so tough. (A long time ago I posted about Luke's 3 year old shots). He didn't cry or scream or make a peep. Just took a deep breath and set his jaw to get through the pain. The nurse even said "he's good and really has that deep breathing down". He did say ouch at one point (around shot #5) and his arms are still sore. Poor little guy.

We took him out to lunch with us afterwards and he got a chocolate shake. It was so much fun hanging out with just Luke and I really want to start taking our kids out one at a time.

4 comments:

C Schultz said...

One of my best memories as a child is going out to lunch with my mom when I was in Kindergarten. She used to take me to Del Taco and get a combo burritos. It's still one of my favories!

Jackee said...

I've always wanted to do one on one with the kids too. It gets a little tricky, but I have tried to take them to lunch or dinner on their birthday with no one else.

Klin said...

L'il Red tells me he hates shots. I've had to hold Sassy down in the past. Tree Monkey has never even blinked at a shot.

Jan said...

Luke must take after his mom because his dad really had a hard time with needles. Ask Todd about his TB test.