Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tayson's Baptism

Tayson was able to get baptized with Ryan. I love that they shared such a special day. The baptism was on Ryan's 8th birthday.


Todd, Tayson, Ryan & Steve

Proud parents

The whole family

Todd took Tayson to buy him his first suit. They found this good looking suit and a plain black one. Tayson wanted the black one but Todd offered to buy him a baseball bat if he got this one instead. Then after his baptism he said "dad, I'm glad you talked me into this suit. I like it"

He looks so old and handsome to me in this picture.

The baptism was amazing. In order to get as much family here as possible we had to do it on a different Saturday than the normal Stake baptisms so we got to do a family baptism. The spirit was so strong.

Here is how the program went:
Pianist: Alex Arnold
Chorister: Grandma Johnson
Opening Song: When I am Baptized
Opening prayer: Eric
Talk about Baptism: Grandma Schultz
Musical Number: Jeannie "When Jesus Christ was Baptized"
Talk about the Holy Ghost: Mark
Baptisms
Rest Hymns
Confirmation
Bishop's Remarks (he made Christine and I bear our testimonies before he gave his remarks)
Closing Song: I'm Trying to be like Jesus
Closing Prayer: Grandpa Johnson

When Jeannie was singing the second verse of her song the spirit hit very strong as she talked about the choice they were making to be baptized and follow Christ's example. Not a lot of dry eyes at that point. She had to stop for a minute and blamed it on her pregnancy :) - it was an incredible number and really brought the spirit to the room. The talks were amazing. Mark gave both boys a CTR ring to help them remember both to Choose the Right and the role of the Holy Ghost in their lives Comfort, Teach and bring all things to Remembrance. When the bishop announced that he wanted the mom's to bear their testimonies both Christine and I said "you've got to be kidding me" loudly and in unison. It was pretty funny but then we actually had to get up and bear our testimonies which was difficult since I was VERY weepy. The program was great! I am so lucky to have so much family and so many of them who traveled to be here for Tayson's special day.

On the way home after the baptism Luke said "Mom, I felt the Holy Ghost when Tayson got baptized and when Ryan got baptized too". Talk about a perfect day for a mom. Then he proceeded to ask me how the Holy Ghost works and we can all feel him and I didn't have a very good answer for him - but I was still so excited that he felt it.

After the baptism we went back to the house and took a few pictures then went to my parents house for a luncheon. For some reason I didn't take any pictures at the luncheon so I have nothing to show my side of the family at Tayson's baptism. Dang it!!!

Just for record keeping here are the people who came: My parents, Jan, Dave, Kelly and Brooke, Steve's family, Danny's family, Heidi's family, David's family, Jeannie's family, Timmy, Mark and Kayla, Alex and Desi, Meggan and David, the bishop, Bro. Stemmons, and Sis. Tubbs (Primary pres.)

No comments: