Luke hasn't had a haircut in months (obviously) and all he ever wants to do is play the wii. He will occasionally take a break from the wii to play computer. This morning when I was leaving for work he was playing the wii in his underwear and I said "time to get dressed and feed the animals". (we have so many animals to feed right now....the dog, the turtle, the fish and the guinea pig we're taking care of - it's practically like living on a farm) Then Meggan repeated what I said and then looked at me and said "do you think he has hearing problems ... he never listens". Nope his hearing is fine he just tunes out the world. I honestly believe he doesn't hear a word I say to him unless I say his name enough times to break through his concentration. Probably why he does so well in school and why he can be so annoying at home.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
My Kiddos
Summer is here and life has changed. The kids don't have a bedtime anymore (which drives Todd crazy on the weekends) - but we just like to hang out and relax at night. Almost every night that Todd is gone the boys sleep in my room because it's just easier that way. I haven't had an update on my kids in a while and it's about time I did so here goes.
Luke hasn't had a haircut in months (obviously) and all he ever wants to do is play the wii. He will occasionally take a break from the wii to play computer. This morning when I was leaving for work he was playing the wii in his underwear and I said "time to get dressed and feed the animals". (we have so many animals to feed right now....the dog, the turtle, the fish and the guinea pig we're taking care of - it's practically like living on a farm) Then Meggan repeated what I said and then looked at me and said "do you think he has hearing problems ... he never listens". Nope his hearing is fine he just tunes out the world. I honestly believe he doesn't hear a word I say to him unless I say his name enough times to break through his concentration. Probably why he does so well in school and why he can be so annoying at home.
Tayson oh Tayson. What can I say except this kid is just hilarious. He either sounds like he's 15 years old or 15 months old at any given moment. He is a really good helper when Todd is gone and thinks he is the man of the house. He is very sensitive and caring and I just love the kid. He wears his pants so dang low on his waist it's laughable. He still hasn't lost any teeth. He might be the first kid to be baptized and go into 3rd grade with all of his baby teeth. He and I have been reading the Book of Mormon in preparation for his baptism this fall and we are in Ether. I love the time we spend reading together. The other day I came home from work and said "hurry put your shoes on we need to run to Maceys" and he said "we're running? It's so far". I love that he really thought we were going to run to the store.
I love this picture because Claire is smiling. She rarely smiles and is just so dang shy. She is beautiful and shy and stubborn and 100% princess. She loves to pick out her own outfits and will not wear something unless it fits her current mood - shoes, underwear and pj's included. She has decided that she doesn't need to wipe when she goes pee because the boys don't have to. She barely eats and still can't stomach any food if it has a texture to it (meat is the worst for her). She doesn't mind flavor she just can't handle texture. She will chew and chew and then finally just have to spit it out because she can't swallow it. She is tiny - 32 lbs and always wants me to pick her up and carry her around. I'm pretty sure she would stay a baby as long as possible if it were her choice.
My little Sophie bug is so full of energy. She fills in all the blanks in our little family. The other day I looked over to see where she was and she had climbed onto the kitchen counter, opened the cupboard and was on her tippy toes trying to get a sippy cup. I hurried over to help her before she fell and she said "uuuuce eeeease" (juice please). She talks non-stop but very little of it makes sense to anyone but us. She is completely potty trained and only has accidents in her crib when she can't get out. We have started duct taping her pull ups on at night so she will stop taking them off. Before that she would take off her diaper as soon as we put her to bed then sometime in the night end up peeing all over her crib since she can't get out. I realize we should get her a bed...but that didn't work out last time so I'd rather just duct tape on pull ups right now. She is always in the middle of everything. Loves Shadow more than anything and always shares at least half of her food with him. You can usually find her half naked or completely naked with high heel plastic shoes on. She is such a sweet and loving girl. You always hear "Sophie no, Sophie stop, or oh boy look at Sophie".
I sure do love my kids and being a mom. I don't think life can get much better than getting to spend time with 4 of the silliest kids around.
Luke hasn't had a haircut in months (obviously) and all he ever wants to do is play the wii. He will occasionally take a break from the wii to play computer. This morning when I was leaving for work he was playing the wii in his underwear and I said "time to get dressed and feed the animals". (we have so many animals to feed right now....the dog, the turtle, the fish and the guinea pig we're taking care of - it's practically like living on a farm) Then Meggan repeated what I said and then looked at me and said "do you think he has hearing problems ... he never listens". Nope his hearing is fine he just tunes out the world. I honestly believe he doesn't hear a word I say to him unless I say his name enough times to break through his concentration. Probably why he does so well in school and why he can be so annoying at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glen was 32.4 pounds at his two year check-up this week. I can't believe he outweighs BOTH your girls! :)
You do have great kids!
It's driving Steve crazy that I've let up on the bedtime too. :-D I figure, if they are used to going to bed at 11:30 pm here, that will be 9:30pm when we get home. Not too bad. LOL
Post a Comment