Last week on
facebook I got the following message from a high school friend who I haven't talked to in 20 years...
"sounds like life is throwing some challenges your way lately, keep persevering and keep on going just like with your running"
I couldn't figure out why he would think my life was so challenging- because really I have a great life. So I decided to go back and read a few of my recent
facebook posts....
"just bought our new fridge with a 5 year warranty"
"was supposed to teach spin this morning and for the first time in 10 years set my alarm wrong and didn't wake up. Completely slept through the whole class. I am SO SORRY if you got up early and went"
"can't stand diet pepsi and I really hate it when the cafeteria runs out of diet coke forcing me to drink pepsi instead"
"today is my first day wearing heels in over a month and I can already feel my hip hurting. Yuck."
"just lost everything on my phone thanks to that stupid upgrade. UGH"
When I was reading my status updates I was cracking up. Most of my comments were just silly and not really major life challenges. I do think I will try to be more positive in my updates though - I really don't want people thinking my life stinks. I do love that he said to persevere like I do with my running.
2 comments:
It sounds like you have some crazy high school friends.
Bringing them to your inbox is what facebook does best.
It sounds like you may have a facebook stalker. Watch out.
Really Kathy, you are NOT a negative person.
You would be so proud of me for walking 4 miles every MWF. I have even worked up to jogging a half mile every time.
It's all about doing it with the girlfriend. It gets me out of bed for some ME time. I don't think I would like running the whole thing though because then I couldn't talk. :)
I read everyone of the updates as you posted them, or within a day anyway. I did not think they were negative. So this is funny to me. I thought snarky and humorous when I read them.
Post a Comment