Wednesday, June 30, 2010

She's Into EVERYTHING

Last night for dinner I decided to grill up some steaks and have corn on the cob and watermelon. YUMMY! I love summer food. While I was waiting for the water to boil and the grill to heat up I set the table and got out a new cube of butter so we could roll the corn. Yes, I realize this is a bad thing to do...my parents taught me proper manners (although somehow every time we ate corn growing up someone would roll it without my dad seeing .... and once it was started there was no reason to not join in). But it's not a rule I have at my house yet because I just love an even spread of butter on my corn. Anyway.... I headed out to put the steaks on the grill and not 5 minutes later I came in to this:

I don't know how she does it but my sweet little Sophie managed to destroy the cube of butter and get it all over Luke's plate which he "couldn't eat on". She also loves to climb up on the counter. She climbs up the bar stools and sits on the counter getting into everything. If there is something up to high for her anywhere in the house she just brings over a stool or chair in order to get it. Drives me bonkers this one!!! It's a good thing she's so dang cute and such a sweet and fun loving kid.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we are going to have one like that on our hands here really soon.

Her punishment should be no rolled corn. :)

That's how we like it at our house too, and why does it have to be bad manners? That is the only way to get an even spread.

Klin said...

I got corn butter-ers. One from pampered chef and then I found a couple at dollar tree. Love me some buttered corn.

Tree Monkey was my climber. Stuff up high was not a deterrent to her.

Jan said...

She is so dang cute...how can you get mad at that sweet face?!

Kris said...

Sounds like she and Brynn would get along perfectly. Along with climbing, Brynn also has a special fondness for all things chapstick...even if it's not chapstick (or lipgloss), she'll try anything with a lid, like mascara, markers, wood wax touch up sticks - you know, simply anything. ( :