Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Some Things

This morning when I got home from my run around 7:00 Claire was awake (this in itself is noteworthy because she rarely wakes up before 8:30 or 9:00). She ran up to me and said "mom you're home! It's my birthday!!" I said it wasn't and she replied "Sophie told me it was". She was a little bummed that it wasn't really her birthday. What is that girl doing trusting a 2 1/2 year old? Then a couple of minutes later Sophie came upstairs and said "mom it's my birthday!" Silly girls.

I've been doing the Insanity workouts at home usually after work while dinner cooks so the kids are around. Claire loves to come in and jump around with me doing her workouts. She even got a cute pair of "workout" shorts & a t-shirt at the store last week. One day last week she looked at me very seriously after my workout and said "mom, why do you do workouts?" I told her because I like them. She didn't seem convinced though - probably because I was still out of breath and very sweaty. BTW - I am really loving Insanity. My core feels stronger and I actually think it's helping my back not hurt as much. I'm only on week 2 but the fact that I can feel results is keeping me motivated to keep going.

I don't know what to do about Sophie. The girl just doesn't sleep well. It makes me crazy. Last night she was awake from 2:00 - 3:30. So I finally just put her in bed with me so I wouldn't have to keep getting out of bed and walking between my room and hers. She was so restless and even screamed out like she was having a bad dream a few times. I wish I knew why she can't sleep. We took her in to get her tonsils checked - but the doctor said they looked fine and that he doesn't think it's sleep apnea since she doesn't snore. I'm at a total loss with what to do and I'm totally exhausted most of the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya with the whole sleep issue. The baby slept for 8 hours a couple of nights ago, but I was up with Tyler several times, and then the older two were in our bed because of a thunderstorm. Why does my newborn sleep better than the other kids?? It's exhausting!

Amy said...

Have you tried melatonin? My friend gives it to her kids and swears by it.