Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Advent Day 12

Buy and donate toys. 


This year I really wanted Christmas to be more for my family.  We have been so blessed and I want to make sure I'm giving enough back.  I posted on facebook a question asking where the best place to donate toys is.  I got a message from a neighbor about a family she knew who wouldn't be getting a Christmas due to a job loss, no health insurance and a daughter with a medical condition.  So the kids and I got a list and went shopping.  We had so much fun buying toys, clothes, books and more toys for the kids.  I only had to remind the kids a few times that we weren't buying for ourselves.  It was a great experience.  Then the kids helped me wrap all the presents and drop them off at our neighbors house.  It seemed to really help them think of others and not focus just on themselves.  We even set a budget and the kids helped me keep track of the gifts and how much money we were spending.  I am so grateful for my blessings and I am so grateful that I am in position where I can serve those around me.  I truly hope this is a long term memory for my kids.

No comments: