Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goodbye Shadow


We lost our sweet dog and I am so heartbroken. Shadow had a heart attack while we were in California.  My mom, dad and Mark took such good care of him his last few days and especially his last few hours.  Shadow was the best dog.  He was the best door greeter ever with his loud bark and his happy face.  He loved being right under my feet while I was doing things around the house and I would trip over him constantly.  He loved bread and all carbs.  We didn't have a 5 second rule in our house when you dropped food it was more of a "beat Shadow to the food" rule.  When he was a pup he chewed everything, 2 fruit trees, our a/c unit, internet cables, sweatshirts, shoes, his blankets and pillows.  He chewed up my parent's couch one Christmas when they were dog sitting him.  He ate the entire Costco bag of rolls the day of Tayson's baptism.  He torn a duffel bag and ate 7 loaves of bread out of Jan's room.  He loved to kick Luke off his bed and sleep on the bed while Luke slept on the floor.  He loved sleeping on the couch - even though he wasn't supposed to.  He was so strong that I could barely walk him and he nearly killed me going down the stairs on a few different occasions.  His tail has knocked all 4 of our kids down the stairs at least once.  The only person I've ever seen him chase is the UPS man - he loved to chase him to his van for some reason.  Oh how I love this dog and every time I walk in the house I feel the emptiness of him not being there.  I miss his booming bark and his happy face. 

No comments: