Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sophie's Spring Scooter Ride

Sophie never ceases to crack me up.  Todd fixed up the kids bikes tonight and all went out for bike rides.  Luke and Claire rode over to grandma and grandpa's house - took a break on the lawn then rode back.  They didn't even go in and say hi.  Silly kids.  Sophie felt left out so I told her I would go with her to grandma's house so she could practice riding her scooter.  She told me she needed to "pack some stuff" before we could go.  I assumed she was just putting a big flower on her head and some lip gloss in her purse.  When we got half way to grandma's house she stopped and said "I need to brush my teeth really fast" and pulled out her toothbrush.  I told her she couldn't brush her teeth on the sidewalk so we kept going.  As soon as we got to grandma's house she said "ok I'm going to have a piece of pie then brush my teeth".  Sadly, there was no pie yet (Sophie gets to go bake pie with my mom today after school) but she did brush her teeth.  My mom and I were cracking up at her.  She even packed floss.  Then when she was done we headed home.  I don't know where she gets her crazy ideas from but I love it. 



 
On the way home she was practicing some new moves too.  She is so much faster and more stable on her scooter now.  She even rode to school today without stopping!


No comments: