Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Highlights

I can't believe 2010 is over already - this year went by very fast. I've been thinking a lot for the last few days about this years highlights. Here they are:

I read 29 books this year
(The Red Queen, The White Queen, The Lady Elizabeth, Splendor, Dragonfly in Amber, Mockingjay, Catching Fire, Hunger Games (yes I read them twice this year), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Outlander, Pope Joan, Extras, Specials, Pretties, Uglies, The Book Thief, The Help, Same Kind of Different as me, The Last Olympian, The Battle of the Labyrith, The Titans Curse, The Sea of Monsters, The Lightning Thief, The Road, Catching Fire, Hunger Games, Rumors, Envy, & The Luxe)

Ran lots of miles (I didn't track them this year but I will be in 2011)


My biggest accomplishment this year was running Ragnar
(the race and "ragnar" leg)

We had our first stitches in the family

Baptized Tayson


My baby brother get married -
and was able to be in the temple with my husband, parents and all of my siblings.


Luke got a special award from school

Went back to STL and attended my 20 year high school reunion

Sent an an amazing man back to heaven.
Thank goodness we were able to make the trip to see great-grandpa one last time.

I have learned a lot and been stretched more than I thought was possible this year. I have felt the Lord's hand in my life leading me through all the hard times. I am loving the stage my kids are at right now - they are young enough to still be sweet and old enough to do fun stuff. 2010 was a great year!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

what a GREAT year!
(and love the new banner. love the themes for your family.)

Thanks for all your encouragement, btw. Means A LOT!

xoxo