Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Family Goals


For family home evening we set goals and new chores for the kids. When I asked what they would like to have our family goals for 2011 be Tayson said "we should all lose 10 pounds" - what? Does he realize how small they all are???? Claire is already the weight of a 2 year old and the last thing she needs is to lose weight. He and Luke are both obsessed with weight and always talk about being fat - weirdos. Anyway....here is what we came up with together. I'm not a big one on setting new years resolutions since I have to work and work and work to be a better person and it's not really a once a year thing but I am continually re-evaluating where I am and what needs to be changed. (I am however trying to lose 10 pounds - just not as a 2011 goal)

2011 Johnson Family Goals:
  • Read the Book of Mormon (the kids were challenged by the primary presidency)
  • Work on preparing for a mission (Luke came up with this one)
Tayson's Goals:
  • 200 situps
  • 20 pushups
  • Run a mile under 8:00 minutes
Luke's Goals:
  • 100 situps
  • 10 pushups
  • Learn to ride a bike with no training wheels
Claire's Goals:
  • Be able to read
  • Say prayers without help
  • Make bed without help
Sophie's Goals:
  • Potty train (again)
  • No more binky
Kathy's Goals:
  • Run 1111 miles
We also spent some time discussing allowance, chores and paid chores and set up new charts for the kids and reset expectations for them since they are getting older.

1 comment:

Jen-ben said...

I love your blog layout Kathy!!! And you know how much I absolutely adore you family. Your goals are absolutely FAB!! Taysons....wow!!
I wish I lived closer to you so that all of your amazingness could rub off on me.