Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Wonder...

In the last few months I've really gotten into facebook. It's been so much fun finding friends from long ago who I lost touch with. Friends from elementary school, high school, BYU, Nu Skin, old wards, etc. I love it.

But it makes me wonder......

I keep thinking back to relationships I've had and lost and now found over the years. Was I nice to them? Was I a good friend? Was I a good example? I know there were times when I could have done more and now that I know more I wish I would have. I wish I would have been a better friend. I wish I would have stayed in contact better. I hope people who have come in and out of my life have felt the love I have for Christ and for my family and for them.

As my good friend Rafiki says....you can't change the past so instead I will try harder to be a better friend, a better example of what matters most and to truly love and serve those in my life.

4 comments:

Jackee said...

I have often wondered the same thing. I think we always could have done more. I was upset once that I didn't send a thank you note to an older lady before she passed away, and my mom told me that the sins of omission are sometimes the hardest. I am trying harder to do things when I think of them instead of waiting until I get around to it. With our busy lives it can be hard, though. All we can do is keep trying every day to do better. I've always thought you were a great example of kindness and service. Thanks for your example, you are a great friend.

Kris said...

I have felt this exact same way too...so you're not the only one. For what it's worth, I think you're a great friend & example. ( :

Deanna said...

I agree with Jackee. One of the custodians that works at my school is looking for some resource help with her daughter. As I was visiting with her as a "teacher" I was thinking, "Have I been nice to her, have I said hi to her as she walked by, etc." It seems like former friends and people that we interact with somehow come around again, but in a different way. This has gotten me thinking, I want to try and be a better friend.

Anonymous said...

Kathie, this is Holly Wilson from Westminster ward. I drop by your blog quite often. Reading your posts makes me so glad that Todd found you and that you guys seem to have such a great life. It also makes me wish I knew you better, you seem like a great and sweet person. Again, it makes me happy for Todd, a kid I felt very invested in and enjoyed watching grow up.