Friday, February 6, 2009

Flashback Friday

My Grandma turns 95 next week so I thought I'd do a flashback of her. My grandma is an amazing woman. Here are a few of my very favorite things about her:


The story lady -they would record her reading stories and then kids in Spokane could call the number and listen to her - she was the best story teller!


Swimming - for years and years and years my grandma would go to the pool and swim a mile everyday. I even got to go with her a few times when I was a kid. She was in great shape - it's no wonder she's still hanging in there at 95.


My Fair Lady - every time we would go to grandma's house when I was little I would go down in the "blue room" and watch this movie. The first time I saw it was with grandma and it's one of my all time favorite movies.


Oldies - down in the blue room there was an old 8 track player and we would listen to all the oldies. I know every word to the song "Chantilly Lace".



1972

Sherry, Grandma and I

1993Grandma and Grandpa Giboney in Seattle


2002

Grandma, My mom, Tayson and I

I love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

Jackee said...

What fun memories. That is a sweet tribute.

Deanna said...

I have a grandma that I just adore. We loved to go to her house and spend the summers with her. Glad you have great memories of your grandma!!