Today was the UVU No Snow 5K. It was the only 5K I could find in the valley this month. I had no idea what to expect and no-one to run with and it was inside. I wasn't expecting any serious running to happen. So I changed my game plan and asked Tayson if he wanted to run it with me. He loves to run but has never run that far. It was so cute how excited he was to go run with me.

Tayson ran his little legs off and we had so much fun. We ran our first mile just over an 11 min/mile pace. Not bad for a 6 year old. The second part of the race was a little slower and he took a few more walking breaks and drink breaks, but still ran the majority of the time. The best part was how competitive he was - if he saw someone coming up behind us when he was walking he would start running again and at full speed. There were 2 other kids that ran and he just kept saying how he was beating them and they were older (the little girl beat him but don't tell him that). I hope he keeps running - I think he has potential.

I LOVE how sweaty he gets!!!
New haircuts

Tayson and I both got our hair cut last week so we took a picture of ourselves to post. This is the shortest we've ever buzzed Tayson's hair but he wanted it all gone. He actually asked to have it bald but this was close enough. Wednesday's are his day for show-n-tell and he was so excited to show off his new haircut. He wore his hat to school to keep warm and he said when he took his hat off lots of the kids in his class laughed at him. When he told us he was so sad so I took the chance to talk to him about how being different isn't bad and all that jazz - until Todd told me I had talked long enough :) Then he was telling us how if someone else got their haircut that short he wouldn't laugh at them and he told us that only girls can't cut their hair that short. Then he said "but if I saw a girl with hair this short instead of laughing I'd tell her she was cool". I thought it was so sweet....man I love that kid!
8 comments:
I can't believe he completed a 5K!!!!! That is so amazing. You go TAYSON!!!
You guys rock! Way to go Tayson!
HOLY COW! Way to go Tayson! Love the hair and Love the story, you are raising a good boy.
Good job Tayson, my husband dreams of our girls running with him, that is very cool!!
Way to go! Todd and I signed up for a 5K in May. Any training advise?
Way to go Tayson. Since I am just startin out, maybe Tayson and I can be running partners. I love the haircut, makes me wish for summer!
I love his haircut. I did that to Derek when he was about Tayson's age and when he looked in the mirror he cried. He had said he wanted it really short for summer, but I guess it was too short. I felt so bad. Tell Tayson he rocks! I'll have to get Jaxon to do more than his 1 minute on 10mph on the treadmill. He thinks he's so tough when he does that.
I thought your hair was a bit different! So cute! Nice job on the run...you are a true athlete!
Post a Comment