Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back up your stuff

I don't know if I can write this without crying...but when I came home from Orlando on Saturday I left my external hard drive on the plane in the seat back pocket. It has my last 3 years of pictures on it and most of them that is the only place where they are. When I realized I forgot it (Sunday morning) I totally freaked out. It was so hard to maintain enough composure to call the airlines and ask them to help me get in touch with lost and found. I still haven't heard from the airport so I'm starting to assume it's gone. Gone forever. I can't believe it. Why oh why did I take my hard drive with me on the trip? So I could watch shows on the plane. So not worth it. Why didn't I back up my pictures on CD?

WHY WHY WHY??????

8 comments:

Klin said...

I feel like crying now. I would have totally freaked, too!

So sorry :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no. That is horrible, Kathy. That makes me sick to my stomach. Hopefully someone found it and eventually it will turn up. My fingers are crossed for you.

Jen-ben said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am so so so sorry!!! Lesson learned....at least you have some on your blog! I hope they find it for you!! Better yet, back up your stuff on an external hard drive. OR if you ever get a mac it has something called Time Machine that backs up your entire computer daily.
So sorry Kathy!

Lindsay said...

I know the feeling of losing everything - SO sorry!

Jan said...

I'm so sorry. Have you emailed me anything that I can send back to you?

Kris said...

I am so so sorry. I know just how that feels - our computer self destructed in August and all my photos were gone...ALL OF THEM. I was sick for weeks. We tried everything, and as luck would have it, the last attempt was successful. I'm praying that the airline will find you=]=hard drive for you.

Kris said...

sorry about the code...Ethan was smacking my computer - what I was saying was that I hope the airline finds your hard drive.

Unknown said...

i am crying. i can't even imagine, but after reading bronson's blog I am sure it puts those lost pics in perspective.

Don't lose hope. They may show.

And, thank goodness that your family all lives close..they probably have duplicates and you have everything you posted on your blog and FB.

Chin up.