Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Kid Stories

Yesterday the boys were playing the wii and the batteries went out so Todd told Tayson to go find more batteries in the junk drawer. Tayson knew which drawer we were talking about but then when he opened it and started looking for the batteries he kept pulling things out and saying "is this junk?" each time in a very sarcastic tone showing us things like Claire's hair bow, their small Book of Mormon, or pencils. Then Luke and Claire joined in. We were cracking up because they were so offended that we would call the precious items in the drawer "junk".

On Saturday I had to take the Durango in to get a leak on the back tire fixed so I took Luke and Claire with me to drop it off then over to the mall. On our drive there Luke told me how much cooler the minivan is than the Durango. Claire of course chimed in saying how much she loves the minivan too. When I asked them why Luke said "it's smaller so it goes faster" and "it's just a cool car mom". Claire said "it has lots of movies and I like the doors". So there you have it minivans are cool.

Then on our drive back Luke wanted to turn on the map in the car and he was pointing out the water (Utah Lake) to Claire and showing her how the arrow was the Durango. Then the following conversation happened:

Me: those are parks
Claire: we have a park at our house
Luke: no we have a garage at our house
Claire: oh yea
Luke: the parks have lines you have to stay in
Luke: mom, what happens if you go over the line?
Me: you run into another car

I still laugh when I think of how funny it is that they thought the green was parking lots. Obviously we need spring to come fast so my kids can get outside and play at the park soon.

Part of Tayson's prayer last night.

"thank you for our freedom so we can do what we want. please bless the people in other countries who don't have freedom so they can get it."

Tayson's set new years resolutions in class last week and for his family resolution he said "I want have more fun with my family". When we asked him how we could have more fun he said we just need to do things like go bowling more.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are cute stories. I can't wait until Jace can talk so I can eavesdrop on his and Summer's conversations. I'm sure they will be pretty funny.

Klin said...

You have a park at your house, huh? That's pretty cool.

I guess you will have to call the junk drawer a special collection drawer. LOL

I still think that the Durango is much cooler than a mini van. ;)

You have cute kids.