Friends. I have amazing friends. Some of them I've known for a very long time, others a short while. I feel that each of my friends have changed my life in some way (all good of course). But the other day Todd and I were talking about "best friends" and really I am one of those people who has lots of friends but not really that 1 person I always go to. I guess I'm just not the kind to have a small close group of friends. Todd said he said something about this a year or so ago (I think it was when I was prego with Sophie) and apparently it didn't go over well and hurt my feelings. But I don't think it's a bad thing (now that I'm not hormonal) I just think it's how I roll. Even when I look back at high school I was the same way. Really my best friend is Todd and I've always had my siblings as my closest friends (then and now). A funny thing that happened during the conversation was that when we were talking about it Luke said "mom you have lots of close friends and started naming all of our neighbors". Such a funny and literal kid.
The easy life. I was thinking the other day that I am really in the easy part of life right now. My kids are sweet, they love me, I don't worry everyday about them being exposed to drugs, sex or things like that. I'm sure that in a few years when all 4 of them are teenagers I'll be worried and stressed wondering if I have taught them right from wrong and been a good enough example to them. But right now no matter how exhausting my 4 little kids are they sure are easy to please and they love me so much. I don't want to think about a time when they won't come running to me when they need a kiss or come crawl in bed with me if they have a bad dream. I'm going to enjoy this time in my life instead of complain about having 4 kids under 8 years old.
What is about 7 miles? For some reason 7 is the breaking point for me. I'm fine until I hit this mileage then my body revolts. We ran 7 this morning (it was 21 degrees and dark - yuck) and since I got home my poor gut has killed me. It keeps cramping and gurgling and revolting. For some reason this happens at 7 miles and anything above. Last year I solved this problem with LOTS of water and Gatorade while running. I am just not quite ready to break out the running belt yet.
2 comments:
Oh man, I'm so sorry about the post run yuck! Not the way you want to start a Monday....next time just run later in the week without me! Love you girl!
So don't tell my girls I told ya, but when they hurt they still come running for a kiss on their elbow or hugs for hurt feelings. even my boys come for hugs when they get their feelings hurt. They don't even live at home and are 22 and almost 19!
Sometimes it doesn't end :)
Post a Comment