Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Let it Snow
We are on our third storm this week and today's was a big one. It is so beautiful! I love waking up in the morning and seeing fresh snow on the ground and in all the trees. I love it when the mountains are covered in snow, and not just for the skiing. Of course, I have only skied once since Tayson was born and that was right before Christmas, but it was a blast and I hope to go again this season. Claire loves the snow too. Everytime she sees it she just stands at the window saying "noooo mama nooooo". I didn't get to cuddle back into bed after I saw the snow since I had to teach spin at the crack of dawn this morning - and lots of people ventured out in the snow to join me at the gym so it was great. The parking lot at the gym was pretty funny since no-one could see the lines there were cars all over the place. Then this morning poor Tayson was at the bus stop for 30 minutes (the bus was 25 minutes late and I sent him out early since I thought it would take him longer to walk in the snow). Of course he decided not to walk and Todd was nice enough to drive him to the bus stop. The kids just played and had a big snow ball fight while waiting for the bus. Back in the days of school buses for me we never would have had school on a day like today. We would have seen the snow (even 2 inches) and turned on the radio to hear all the school cancellations. Ours almost always got cancelled because we had some "country roads" people that came to our school. I loved snow days growing up but my kids will never see them living in Utah where no-one is afraid of a few feet of snow. It's hard to sit in my office looking out the window at the snow fall, it is the perfect day to be at home in warm jammies with hot cocoa and a good book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yep, you Utahns are prepared and ready for snow travel.
Everything shuts down out here....it is awesome.
Hooray for being back woods. No one is willing to spend money on snow clean up around here, we all just sit home and wait for the sun.
You know you are jealous with our slow paces Southern life.
Post a Comment