Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Year

I thought it would be fun to look back on 2007 and list my favorite things of the year. Rather than put them in order of most important I just ordered them by time of the year.

  • Our new house

  • Finding Chelsea – the best nanny ever!

  • My new bike

  • Finishing a century and half marathon

  • Being in better shape in my 30’s than my 20’s

  • Buying new “skinny” jeans

  • Phoenix – Amy’s wedding and spending time with old college buddies, not to mention shopping with Kati it doesn’t get much better than that

  • Tayson’s first day of school

  • My parent’s moving so close

  • Mark’s mission (it’s bittersweet having him gone, but I wouldn’t want him anywhere else)

  • Blogging – I love being back in touch with so many friends who have moved away

  • Thanksgiving

  • My hair being as long as Sherry's - for the first time in my life

  • Our Cruise

  • Reading (what a year…Harry Potter, Twilight Series, and about 20 other books along the way)

  • And of course my wonderful husband and kids!!! It just keeps getting better every year.


  • Looking Ahead:
    I'm not big on setting new years resolutions. I love Kati's idea of creating a "theme" instead, but haven't been good at that either. I always tell my spin class at the start of the year the best way to do a fitness goal is to sign up for an event or race rather than say you're going to lose 5 lbs. However, I thought it would be fun to just list some things I'm looking forward to in 2008 then just sit back and enjoy the year rather than think of all the things I'm not doing. So here goes:

  • Spending the summer with my kids

  • Lots more reading

  • So many babies being born this year

  • Having someone else clean my house

  • Luke and Claire getting potty trained...hopefully!!!
  • No comments: