Friday, January 11, 2008
Music
I am not an exceptionally musical person (as most of you know too well). However, I love everything about music. It's amazing to me that listening to music can completely change your mood. One of my favorite things about music is how it reminds me of people or places. I love sitting in the car or at my desk with my iTunes and I will hear a song and all of the sudden I remember some absolutely hilarious time in my life. For instance I can't listen to Les Mis "On My Own" without thinking about my friend Alice and the funny High School story of when she had a solo singing the song with the choir and forgot the words so she just made her own up (I wasn't even there and it makes me smile when I think about it). I can't listen to Eminem without thinking about Todd or the fact that when we first got married I woke up in the middle of the night and sang "slam baney" instead of "slim shady". I had no idea he called himself slim shady - but Todd got a kick out of it. Abba will forever remind me of the ward talent show in the good old singles ward days. I could go on forever with songs that remind me of funny times in my life. I realize this blog is just random talking....but I don't want to be a bad blogger and only tell stories about my kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am ROFL!!!! Seriouslly, I have never laughed so hard at a blog in my life - even my own. Love that you just shot me down like that. Not, only did you in a round about way slam on me for knocking on the family blog (which by the way, I wasn't refering to yours - you do blog about a lot besides the kids) but you also somehow managed to remember a little known embarassing moment of mine when I happened to forget the words to the song in my solo. Man, I had almost forgotten about that.
Thanks for the laughs and the memories. I agree with you about music, and sometime in the near future, I will try and bring your blog content into mine in such a sly manner.
Post a Comment