Today I was at lunch with my brother and his wife and we were talking about the five love languages. I'm currently reading that book for our February book group and last night Todd and I took our love language tests. We speak similar love languages for the most part. But, while I was talking to David and Kami I realized just how different Todd and I really are. Here are few great examples of where we differ.
Food: He is very picky and would eat an in-n-out burger everyday if he had the chance. I like Chinese food a lot, he hates it. He won't eat leftovers or really anything cooked in the microwave. I grew up in a big family so I can eat anything.
Sleep Habits: I am tired by 8:00 pm and staying up past 10:00 is a late night for me. I get up early in the morning and am more productive before noon than after. Todd goes to bed between 1:00 and 2:00 am and hates mornings. He likes to start his projects around midnight. I think we could share a twin bed with the amount we sleep at the same time. :)
Personalities: I like to call my personality "strong" some would say moody. I can go from happy to mad to sad to happy in the blink of an eye. Todd is steady and rarely gets upset about anything. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and cry at the drop of a hat. I've seen Todd cry maybe 3 times in our 8 years together. I love to talk about anything and everything. Todd only talks when he absolutely has to. (Thank goodness for girlfriends).
Free Time: I love to exercise. It is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time. I also love to read and I like to be busy and create projects and work for myself. Todd's idea of free time is relaxing. He loves to watch movies, TV shows, play computer, board games, etc. (Don't get me wrong I am addicted to several TV shows and I love to go to movies.)
Family: We even grew up in totally different environments. I grew up in the Midwest 4th of 10 kids. He grew up in sunny southern California with 1 sister. This of course is great for both of us because we get the best of both worlds now that we are married.
I'm sure I could come up with lots more differences and I'm sure Todd could add his fair share as well. In spite of all our HUGE differences I can't imagine someone more perfect for me than Todd. I guess it really is true that sometimes opposites do attract.
3 comments:
Opposites do attract and you and Todd are the same as LG and I in two ways....the night/morning thing and the social/non-social thing. It is too bad we have never really hung out as married people. It is hard to find couples that we can actually understand.
Hi Kathy! How fun to see what you guys are up to! Time goes so fast, huh? Your kids are darling!!
Which means that Paula Abdul actually knows a thing or two afterall. ( : Scot and I have a lot of differences as well, funny how that works huh?
Post a Comment