Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashback Friday - 1991

I decided to break free of baby pictures (which was very hard in my current state) and go with some college memories.

In the fall of 1991 I was starting my sophomore year at BYU and decided to room with 3 of my friends from the dorms (Jodi, Alicia and Melissa). The only place we could find for the 4 of us was at the Glenwood apartments. We were lucky enough to get 2 other great roommates (Alice and her sister Shannon). We lived in Glenwood #101 and it was a fun year. I worked at Stevenette's Malt Shoppe that year while going to school and left after fall semester to take some time off.


Me, Melissa and Jodi having cake for my 19th birthday. Jodi and Melissa were in the dorms with me freshman year.



The Mesa Runner. Melissa brought her bike up to school and it just sat in our front room, I don't remember her riding it once. So we got fed up with it always sitting there and thought we would play a trick so we took pictures of the bike and put up ads to buy the bike all over the Glenwood. Apparently this was a bad idea since we got so many calls and Melissa was pretty mad at us. Oops!



Alice and I posing for a picture. Alice always had the brightest lipstick to show off her gorgeous lips so I thought I would try some out with her. Doesn't look as good on me as it did on her. Don't you love her notes in the background on how to have a happy household? Like that is possible with 6 girls living together in cramped quarters.




Alice and Jodi carving pumpkins. I put this picture in to show the sweet outfits of 1991. You've gotta love the matching polka dot headband and shirt or the sweet plaid look!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

O.k. seriously, you have to ask a girls permission before you go posting pictures like this.

I will only forgive you because I am laughing my tailend off.

WOW...that was a sad year for me. First the lipstick and then that outfit!!! What the heck.

This is most definitely my favorite flashback yet.

You forgot to give me the credit for your sweet job at Stevenett's followed by your entry position at NuSkin...it was all about those nylons and you know it.

I am going to link this...it's just too funny not to share.

And, not just because of the sad styles or the how to have a happy household, but the Mesa Runner...why did we let that bike just sit in our front room??

Jenny said...

were you at Nu Skin at this point? this brought back flashbacks for me as well. I can't believe we are still both here.