Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Supersized

During my lunch hour yesterday I went to the mall to pick up a few items. Lately nothing sounds appetizing and my tiny squished up tummy can't take a whole lot so after a yummy pretzel for lunch I thought a strawberry shake sounded good. I ordered the "mini" size shake from Iceberg and holy cow!!! I seriously can't believe they call it mini. It is ridiculous that they expect 1 person to be able to eat a shake that size. Normally I have Kami with me to split the shake so I've never really thought about just how big they are, but I was on my own yesterday. After eating about 1/4 of the shake my craving was completely satisfied .... but I had paid $4 for the shake so I should keep eating and it really was a delicious shake. It's just so wasteful to throw it away. I almost made it through half the shake we I threw in the towel and just chucked it in the trash. I don't get why places don't give you any real size options anymore. We all would have been better off had I paid $2 and gotten 1/4 of the size of the shake. That's all I really wanted in the first place. No wonder we all have portion distortion ... that was no mini shake!

1 comment:

The Stradling 5 said...

Love those kind of shakes!