Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of school

I can't believe summer is over already.  I also can't believe I have a 5th grader!!!  Last night we went to back-to-school night then straight to Walmart to get school supplies and a red treat for Claire's class.  Then when we got home both girls wanted to put curlers in their hair.  I love how curly their hair is first thing in the morning.  Within a few hours it will settle back down.  The kids woke up great and got all ready to go.  Their backpacks were stuffed to the hilt with their supplies.  And off they all went - boys on their scooters and Claire on her bike. Luke looks super short in the picture because he is standing behind them.  And Claire is giving way too much attitude :) 




After I sent the kids off I went in the house and found Sophie laying face down on her bed bawling.  She wanted to be a part of the pictures and the going to school and hated being left behind.  Luckily today was her first day of preschool so then I got to get her all ready for her big day and she perked right up.  She was ready about 25 minutes early and wanted to wait outside until her ride came.  It was so dang cute.  She is the silliest little thing and I can't believe how grown up she is.  She didn't need any school supplies so she grabbed the extra glue sticks and pencils off the counter to take with her so she wouldn't have an empty backpack.  Oh how I love this girl.


I might have let her put on lipstick and some gloss before school :)

No comments: