Thursday, October 11, 2007

Potty Training - Day 1

Since Luke has been 3 for a few months now it is time to take serious action with the potty training. So last night Luke, Tayson and I took a trip to Wal-Mart to buy all the necessary supplies. Luke got to pick out new underwear (or undeeway as he calls them since his "L" struggles) he tried 3 times to buy the Dora panties but Tayson and I wouldn't let him. Then he got to pick out a special treat to have after he goes - he picked ice cream (what a Schultz) so we got a few varieties of small ice cream treats. Then we got some fun new fingerpaints for him, posterboard to make a potty chart and star stickers. We made his chart last night and hung it in the bathroom and he was really excited. I am taking tomorrow off work so I planned on starting then, but when he woke up this morning he decided he wanted to wear his new undeeway and he got himself all dressed in them. I told Tayson that everytime he goes to the bathroom he should take Luke too. So I walked by the bathroom and they were both completely naked and Tayson was trying to get him to "race" him going pee. Luke didn't quite manage ... but he tried. Then a little bit later Tayson told him to sit on the potty to go poop. So Luke was trying and trying and to be motivational Tayson offered to do the robot dance for him - and he did it. I was cracking up!!! I have no idea how the rest of the day will go, but at least they are excited and Tayson is the best potty coach around so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The robot dance is a crack up. What that has to do with the toilet I have no idea, but nonetheless cute.

Good Luck with the Potty Training. All my sisters and I say that Potty Training should really be called mom training. The only trick is to take them to the potty every 15 minutes for one week straight....let me know if there are any other good tricks.

I do have to say....after having trained my last one over a year ago...life as a parent is SO much better without diapers.

Kris said...

I love the robot dance story - I totally cracked up. Good luck with the potty training.