Monday, October 15, 2007

Shadow

Today I took Shadow to get a bath ... he was really stinky. He's a big dog (around 75-80 lbs) and much stronger than me. We got in there and after I checked him into the salon the girl took the leash and he pulled himself out of his collar and made a break for it. I chased him down as best I could (I was wearing dress pants and heels since I went straight from work) but he got out of the store and to the middle of the parking lot before he stopped. I yelled his name (which is a common occurrence and one of Claire's only words since we yell it so much) and he stopped dead in his tracks cowering knowing he was in big trouble. When I got to him he just sat there cowering and wouldn't come with me so I grabbed him by the skin on the back of his neck but he's too big for me to lift, pull, drag, etc. So we just sat there for a minute .... looking ridiculous I'm sure....until the girl came out with a better collar. This is the second time he has done this to me. The last time it happened I was 8 months pregnant with Claire and all I could do was kick him as hard as I could (which didn't even stop him in his tracks) as he pulled me out of the store and to the car. Today when I picked him up I decided that was enough of him making me look stupid at the PetSmart so I bought a choke collar and it worked like a charm. Now I'm in charge!!!

4 comments:

Kris said...

I feel your pain with the large dog. I've been taken on many a walk by our Lab, Dylan...we love the choke collar & our gentle leader, but I'll always opt for the shock collar Scot bought a year ago. That's the best purchase we ever made. ( :

Unknown said...

Not dog people here...we love dogs, just don't want to have to scoop the poop, if you know what I mean! Our cat has clawed me good a few times on the way to the vet, but that is nothing compared to your parking lot sprint...he he

C Schultz said...

And that is the reason we now just have a guinea pig :-)

BipolarBunny said...

What a cute puppy!!