"haha, When I was looking at the picture my comp looked over and asked "is that your mom" and I was like nah dude thats my sister, my mom is alot older than that. It just reminded me of all the times that people thought mom was grandma and it made me laugh. but dont tell mom that."
I am kid #4 and Mark is #10 we are just under 16 years apart in age. I have so many hilarious memories of Mark as a baby since I was practically his mom. George and Steve were both on missions and Sherry left for BYU soon after he was born (I think he was a week old at her graduation) so I was the oldest kid at home.
Once I went to the grocery store with my dad and we took Mark (just the 3 of us). The checkout gal thought my dad was some sort of pervert hanging out with a high school girl and "their" baby until I called him dad. Then she prolly thought he was so sweet to take care of his daughter and "her" baby.
When I took a year off from BYU I thought I should take a class or two at the local community college so when I went to find out about classes I took Mark with me (as always) and the lady helping me thought he was mine and treated me like some dumb high school drop out - I was SO MAD that I practically yelled at her as I walked out and no I didn't end up taking any classes.
And there were the sweet Chinese ladies at my mom's dry cleaning place who NEVER believed my mom and I when we would tell them he was her baby not mine.
I'm sure I could go on forever with stories. I was at Mark's birth and don't mind at all being confused for his mom. I sure hope my kids turn out as great as he has.

Seriously could he be a cuter kid?

This was the summer after my freshman year at BYU.


Nice muscles David...look at his ribs you can see everyone of them
I'm not sure why but we always made silly faces in pictures.
2 comments:
I have a little sister who is 16 years younger than me, and I got a lot of "looks" too, whenever I would take her anywhere. But I always loved (and still do) having her come anywhere with me. Besides, she's the greatest aunt my kids could ask for!
Such a Mormon story....so funny.
I love those kids...it was like they were yours. I can't believe you were still willing to have your own after having that many to watch out for while growing up...although they were good kids.
And they made for a really good blog post...so funny.
Post a Comment