Sherry was AWESOME!!! It's really no wonder why she's my idol. She has been nursing a hip injury the past few weeks so my mom went into full doctor mode and worked on her forever Friday night after dinner. The race was cold and rainy so I didn't take very many pictures. Sherry said it was perfect running weather, but not the best for spectators. Rain or shine we were there to cheer her on! Her goal was to finish in 3:45 to qualify for Boston next year and she told us she was going to run with the 3:40 or 3:30 pacers. We showed up at about 3:15 to be there on time - good thing too because she came cruising in fast at 3:26!!!

Even in the freezing cold Sherry sat down in her ice bath, all wrapped up with a warm cup of peppermint tea. People looked at her like she was CRAZY! But it worked so well, she wasn't even limping the rest of the day. We would see people who did the race and you could pick them out so easily because of the "shuffle" but Sherry was walking so normal. I'm not sure if I would be able to sit in an ice bath though.
We are hoping to do it next year - Sherry, Danny and I (not running together of course, I could never keep up with those two). Hopefully we can get in.
Wanna join us?
4 comments:
Kathy...I think my sister Renee ran in this marathon this weekend...she just woke up the morning of and decided to go for it...don't know the details.
Didn't know the ice bath trick either...I will have to pass it along because running a marathon left my list of goals a long time ago.
So, did she win?
Love the Sherry signs!
Go Sherry! I'm glad she did so well and felt good after. Can't wait to see if I can see her on TV at the Boston Marathon.
I would love to run it with you next year. We tried this year but didnt get in. Then this girl at my work got in her, her friend and dad. they didnt really end up training and decided not to go. I was so mad. Its lame that people put in for it and then dont follow thru and then some people who are dedicated cant get the opputunity to do it. Congrats to sherry!!
Wasn't the rain lovely? I wasn't completely prepared for that, but I guess it was a bit nicer then standing in the blazing heat.
Sherry is amazing! That is a really good time! I am proud of her for doing the ice bath because you can totally pick out the runners later in the day. It's pretty funny!
I hope you can get in for next year. I would love to cheer you on.
What a dedicated family you have too!
Post a Comment