Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birth Order


I saw this article off my MSN page today and it peaked my interest since I'm a middle child (4th of 10)

We Schultz kids always joke about the 3 families (old, middle, and young). For example, I am the oldest of the middle family. So how does 10 kids affect birth order? Is there 1 oldest, 1 youngest and 8 middle kids? Not in our family we all have dual roles (except George who is the oldest of the old family and Mark who is the youngest of the young family).

Anyways back to the article.

It got the older kids in the family spot-on. Higher education, medicine, engineering.
George = doctor
Steve = PhD, Engineering professor
Sherry = Engineering and MBA

It said middle kids are good at negotiation, peacemaking and compromise. Sounds good to me, but then it talks about machine operation....what the heck? We even have a doctor in the middle family (thanks Danny).

Youngest cracked me up. They love the limelight and gravitate towards artistic and outdoor jobs (such as administrative and clerical). I guess we'll see how the youngest turn out in the family since 2 of the 4 aren't finished with their schooling.

1 comment:

Todd Johnson said...

The last two, Timmy and Mark, both work as ski instructors. That sounds pretty "outdoors" to me. Pretty amazing.

In My family, I'm the oldest and I'm fairly technical. Of course, it is only a family of two so I'm not sure if all the rules apply