Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lost and Found

I am very happy to say that with a little good luck and friends in the right places we found our turtle last night. I was at YW and someone asked me if we found our turtle yet...then another leader told me that one of my neighbors found a turtle in their backyard (this neighbor is 3 houses and a street away from our house). So when I got home I told Tayson the good news and we walked over to find out if it was his turtle.

**side note: he was only wearing his Shrek boxers when I got home so I told him to put on a shirt and shoes so we could go. Rather than get dressed he threw on a Superman pj top and his very colorful skater shoes (why not flip flops???). He looked hilarious and I should have taken a picture.

Back to the story. So then we walked over there and found out that she found the turtle eating her tomato plants and wasn't sure what to do with it so she gave it to another neighbor who would know how to take care of it. So we walked over there and they had him. I was so excited that we found him. The boys worked so hard to earn their money to buy him and I hated that we lost him after only a few months.

Hooray for good neighbors and a very tough turtle!

2 comments:

amyminette said...

Sounds like our turtle, Shelly, when we were growing up. You should ask Todd about it, but he probably won't remember.

Lana said...

I'm so happy you found the turtle!
What a great blessing.
I love all the stuff you wrote about your hubby and kids. The pictures were absolutely gorgeous and reading what you wrote makes them all even more beautiful.