My boy is so grown up now. I can't believe that in a few weeks he will be 7. It's going by too fast and he's growing up too fast. In the last few months he has gotten a lot more control of his emotions and has turned into such a great kid. He loves that he gets special treatment since he's the oldest. He gets to stay up a little later and we ask him to help a lot. He's been great about helping around the house and doing chores.
He loves to swim (although he looks like he's drowning sometimes but he can swim pretty far). He's getting to be a good reader and doesn't fight me as much as he used to when I ask him to read. I actually find him reading things all the time now and he doesn't get frustrated when he reads now.
Tayson and I started reading the Book of Mormon a few months ago so he can finish it before his 8th birthday. There isn't much that makes me happier and prouder as a mom than hearing him read the BoM. And last week at church he cuddled up next to me and tried singing along to the hymn too. I love it! He is very serious when he prays and says things like "we thank thee for the beautiful sabbath day".
In a few weeks he starts 2nd grade and hopefully he has matured enough that he will be able to sit still and not drive his teacher crazy. He seems to be able to control himself better so I'm hopeful.
Tayson is such a joy to have in our family. He's the silliest boy and always makes us laugh. He loves to play computer and watch movies. He loves to play with his friends. He still loves Star Wars. I'm pretty sure his favorite food is magic shell and he never wears a shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment