This weekend I went on a great bike ride with Traci up Southfork Canyon. After the ride I quickly threw my bike on the rack and headed home. About a half mile down the road I noticed my bike wasn't in my rear view mirror....oh no! I of course didn't think and just freaked out so I flipped a u-turn and busted back up the road....then I realized that my bike wouldn't have fallen off but would be dragging behind me so I quickly pulled over. I'm pretty sure I did more damage in my freak out. The good news is that only my handlebars were damaged and I think that with some new tape it will be usable until next year. I don't want to spend the extra money on the parts this year since I'm not riding much due to marathon training. It almost made me cry - my bike is my favorite possession.
Friday was Pioneer Day and work was slow so I left a little early and took the kids to the pool. We had so much fun swimming and playing in the water for a few hours. I saw a girl from the gym who had her first baby a few weeks after Sophie and she was wearing a bikini showing off her 6 pack. I got so self conscious. I don't know why I can' just be happy with how my body looks in my late 30's and after 4 babies. Not that I had rock hard abs before I had babies :) I swear it is so hard to just accept my body how it is and be happy and not compare myself to others.
Poor Sophie is not sleeping well right now. I hope it's just her little teeth finally coming in. She hasn't been falling asleep fast and she has been waking up in the night. I sure hope as soon as her second tooth breaks we'll get a break from this and she'll start sleeping again. It might be time to move to 1 nap soon too.
I finished my 2008 blog book last week. I am very excited about how it turned out. It's over 260 pages so I know it will cost me quite a few bucks...but it is such a great family journal. My kids absolutely love reading about themselves and hearing stories and seeing pictures. I'm excited that all my time on here as well as the time it took to make my book perfect are paying off.
Life is good!
2 comments:
Who did you make your book through? I have been relly wanting to do that too, but have never seen a finished one. Let me know if you like it!
I also want to know who you went through to get your book. I tried one company, but got frustrated when I couldn't do my own layouts.
Post a Comment