Even though I had a girls weekend last week - this was only weekend that worked out to go with my old college roomies Kati and Amy. So I got to get away for another weekend trip. I flew out Friday morning and home Sunday afternoon. When I left it was just starting to snow and I think it might have snowed the entire time I was gone.
I'm re-reading the Hobbit before the movie comes out next month - and thanks to delayed flights both ways I got 2/3 of the way finished.
In the taxi on our way to the hotel.
My hair is ridiculous - but I had to have a self-portrait to document the good times.
After lunch and a bit of shopping we got manicures - mine are the brown nails.
Then we went to the show "Beach Blanket Babylon" - it was hilarious! We sat in the very first row.
Saturday was our "tourist" day so we put on our tennis shoes and jackets and headed out. We walked 2 miles down to Fisherman's Warf to start our adventure.
We rented bikes so we could ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was so much fun! The ride was between 8-9 miles total and had a few good hills. We rode from the wharf to the bridge then across then over to Saulsalito for lunch then we took the Ferry back to the wharf.
Crossing the bridge and taking a picture while riding - I live dangerously!
Half-way across
Across the bridge
Helmet hair!!
If you look closely you can see the sea lions behind me
Pointing at Alcatraz
Ghiradelli Square - delicious
My sundae
I am a dork
After such a fun-filled day we were exhausted so we finished off the night by going to the movies
Breakfast at a delicious little french bakery
On the Bart heading to the airport
On my flight home Todd was on his flight out to Atlanta - thanks to technology we could iMessage each other while we were on the plane.
When I got back to the airport the van was completely covered in snow. I had no gloves and no ice scraper so I had to make due with a useless DVD - thank goodness it wasn't frozen to the winsheild and I just had to get the foot of snow off so my wipers could work. And thank goodness it wasn't still snowing. I guess it's time to find the scraper and get it back in the car. Winter is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment