Friday, November 23, 2012

Grandma's Temple Work

Most of us who were there but not all of us

What an amazing day. My mom got permission from the First Presidency to do my Grandma Giboney's temple work a few weeks early so we could do it over Thanksgiving.  George baptized Kenadi, then Brandon confirmed Emma.  Then I got to be the proxy for the initiatory and my mom officiated.  What an incredible experience for me.  Sherry did the endowment then we headed over to do the sealings.  The spirit was so strong in the sealing room and my mom was glowing.  It was so amazing being in the room with my parents, Todd and 8 of my 9 siblings. I am so grateful for eternal families!!  All during the sealing I could feel my grandpa so strong.  He and my grandma were so in love until the day he died and he waited a long time for this day to come.  I kept thinking about how proud he always was of his grandkids and his posterity.  I could hear his voice talking about his beautiful family while the sealer was talking to us.  My mom and aunt Danna were also sealed to their parents - seeing my mom's chain completed was so special to me.  I know how much this meant to her and I am so grateful for my testimony and that I was able to be a part of it. 

No comments: