Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

This year instead of my typical New Years Resolutions I'm doing the following.

1. Setting a theme for the year. My theme is "Embrace your crazy". Everyone has their own brand of crazy, some are more pronounced and others are so similar to mine I don't even think they are crazy. But really we are all crazy at some level. When I look at other people's "brand" of crazy and see it as just that I am much less judgemental and enjoy other people more.

2. Sign up for races/events. Instead of setting a weight or workout goal I like to find races or events to do and then I meet any fitness goals while training for them. Here is what I have in mind for 2009.
  • Moab Half Marathon (already signed up....now I must train)
  • 2 Centuries (Little Red Riding hood and Heber most likely)
  • A marathon (maybe Top of Utah or Deseret News)
  • Run at least a 5K every month of the year

7 comments:

Jen said...

I loved catching up with you on your blog! Such cute pictues of the kiddies! Glad you back safe and sound! See ya soon!

Kami Schultz said...

About your theme for the year instead of resolutions, it made me think of this article my friend Michelle wrote about "Vision Boards." Sounds a little like what you had in mind for the year...
http://startupprincess.com/wordpress/dont-create-new-years-resolutions-create-vision-boards/

Woohoo on the events! Should be a fun summer of training!!

Traci said...

Yahoo, let's go for it! Let's just pray our bodies hold out!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I love the things you have set as goals. You inspire me!

Jen-ben said...

you are so amazing....I want to be just like you. I can't even get my butt on my treadmill at home!

Emma said...

Sounds like fun - I wish i could do a few with you! Remember an ice bath is your best friend after a hard run! Sherry

Jackee said...

Great ideas! Your trip to Spokane looked fun, too. Your grandma sounds so cute and fun! It's always great to get four generation pictures. I have five generation pics with Jaxon on up. My great-grandma died two months after Jaxon was born.