Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

Since it's ski season I thought I'd flash back to a ski trip. I'm pretty sure it was 1994. I was living here going to BYU and the family came out to visit from the flatlands of Missouri to ski.

Danny
Doesn't he just look cool?

Mom
My mom is one heck of a skier. She skied with the downhill team at WSU in her youth and can kill most of us on the mountain even still. She has had a season pass for the last few years and goes 1-2 days a week. She was born to ski!

Me and Heidi
You see that hot outfit Heidi is wearing? That was my Christmas present from Grandma Giboney in 1990 when I was coming out to BYU. I got the sweet hot pink jumpsuit and my great-aunts old skis. The outfit has a little black up top but the pant part (remember it's a jumpsuit) was hot pink! I skied in that outfit my entire freshman year. Oh and I almost forgot...Heidi borrowed my outfit to sled that first Christmas before I had even worn it and ripped a hole in the butt so it had an awesome black rear-end on it. It looked like it was supposed to be there....kind of. I have got to find a full body photo of that outfit. It rocks!

Jeannie and David
Was this the time Jeannie cried at the top of a mogul run? I can't be sure...but what I do know is that Mark and Timmy could tear it up even back then.

3 comments:

Jackee said...

Sounds fun, I need to go skiing. It has been years.

Unknown said...

Oh, we so should have splurged on that photo that was taken of Jeannie knocking us all over when she just HAD to put her ski up.

WOW...was that a fun day or what?

The whole day everyone on the slopes were cheering for me...what an ego booster! :)

Deanna said...

I have some great photos of full body snow gear (not pink) of me and my family. Those were the days!! We all thought that we looked soooooo good.