I ALWAYS have lipstick on my teeth (see below)
A nice picture of the sunset ruined by lipstick on the teeth...yes I know photoshop can get rid of small problems like this but what about in real life. I can't tell you how often people tell me I have lipstick on my teeth (which I am grateful they tell me or I'd keep walking around smiling not knowing the problem).
So here's the thing. I would really like to get permanent makeup done to my lips so I never have this issue again but in the meantime I'm trying out long lasting lipstick. I've tried Almay and Cover girl. The Almay lasts for like 24 hours and is good but I haven't found a color that I love yet. I like the Covergirl color but it only lasts until about 2:00 pm.
Have any of you used the all-day stuff? Which brands are good? Is it worth spending extra money to go to department stores instead of just buying something at Target?
6 comments:
The one thing nice about the department stores is you can try the color on and find one that you love.
Having my girls in dance has really helped my a lot in applying make-up, especially lipstick. The best way I have found in applying lipstick and not getting it on my teeth, Ember or Kenzie's is by this. Put the liner on, then the lipstick (here is the final part and most important)...after the lipstick is applied put on the shiner or cover that you do, then put your finger in your mouth, close mouth, pull finger out, any excess lipstick comes off on your finger and will not get on your teeth. I hope that helps.
O.k. here is the no lipstick on teeth trick...you won't have to have the permanent stuff...that would scare me.
After applying lipstick, you always have to stick your finger in your mouth (like you are licking off brownie batter or something) do this several times, leaving the ring on your finger instead of your teeth. Then wipe your finger off.
This has always worked for me...but I guess everyone has different shaped mouths.
Just don't get the permanent stuff...it just makes me cringe.
WOw...didn't read the other comment before....you now have two testimonials for the good old finger trick!
Let us know if it works.
I too was going to share the old finger trick, but it seems you have that covered. So...
I like this stuff from Mac. It is a tube that has the color on one end, you put that on, let it dry for 5 minutes or so, until it is past sticky, and then you use the other end that is a gloss and put that on the top. I apply the clear stuff several times during the day, but the color will stay the whole day. It's good stuff. Kind of spend-ee, but worth "a one tube try." Good luck!
I love Lola lipstick. It stays on all day, even through eating! I get it at Ulta Beauty stores. I don't know if they have those up there.
Post a Comment