Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Nativity

This year we tried something new and had the kids act out the Christmas Nativity.  It was so much fun.  Amy brought costumes and we had the kids draw who they would play.  Then Todd found a good script online and did a few run practice runs with the kids.  He even hung a sheet up so we had a backstage.

Todd getting the kids ready

The 3 wisemen - Wyatt, Luke & Carson

Emma the angel

Sophie was our shepard

Claire was Mary and Tayson was Joseph


The full cast

Emma and Claire during the performance

I was an extra - the donkey.
I love Claire's pregnant belly.

You can tell Sophie liked performing

The big finale when the wisemen came

I hope this becomes a tradition because it was so much fun.  It brought back so many childhood memories of having a towel tied on my head and wearing my dad's bathrobe when we would act it out.  We usually even had a real baby to play Jesus :)

No comments: