Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12 Years of Bliss


Today is our 12 year anniversary.  This morning I had to run 7 miles so Traci suggested running the temple loop.  About 2 1/2 miles in I wasn't happy to be doing such a hard run but then when I started running up the hill to go around the temple I just kept thinking about how 12 years ago I was heading to the temple to be married for time and all eternity.  It sure made the hill easier.  I turned off my iPod and just thought about that cold, snowy morning 12 years ago.  Different temples but that didn't matter this morning.   

Really our anniversary is just another day for us.  We don't buy presents (too close to Christmas) and we don't go out on a special date.  Pretty much every year on our anniversary we are traveling.  I don't love that our anniversary is so close to Christmas but I sure do love that I am married to Todd.  Today after we both finish working we are going to pack our bags, clean our house and then load all our presents and bags in the minivan with all 4 kids and head down to Vegas. 

I've got it pretty dang good. I couldn't be happier with my life, family and marriage.  I sure do love you Todd!

No comments: