We decided to take advantage of being in beautiful California weather and went to the beach. I did my long run for the week (about 11.5 miles) and met the crew at the beach. It was so nice to run in shorts and a t-shirt. Amy and Todd passed me around mile 8 and they did some awesome support from the van. They took my finished water bottle and gave me another one to drink from while driving along side me so I wouldn't have to carry it. It was awesome!
The kids really loved being in warm weather and even though the water was as cold as ice they all played in it and were completely soaked within minutes of getting there. Next time I guess I should bring swimsuits even if it is December.
While we were there Sophie got attacked by a dog. It was so crazy. We were standing there and this dog about the size of Soph pounced on her and was biting and scratching at her face. I'm sure the pup was playing but it was so aggressive it was scary. All at once Todd, the dog owner guy and lady and I all ran to Sophie. The dog owner guy got there first and kicked the dog away right as Todd was throwing a punch to get the dog off her - since the dog was thrown with the kick Todd's punch landed right on the lady's face. It was crazy. He full on hit her in the face (it was an accident but still he punched a girl!!) Speaking of the girl you can see her pictured above in the brown skirt and red sweater - yep he punched that nice girl. Anyways the dog owner guy had picked up Sophie fast and handed her to me then grabbed his dog. I took her away to calm down (she was screaming pretty hard) and Todd stayed to apologize for the punch and talk to the owners. The dog had all her shots up to date and luckily didn't break any skin on Sophie. She had several scratches and bruises and was pretty shaken up but other than that she was fine. Once she calmed down we went over to the dog owners and she told them that she was fine. The lady was still totally shaken up. We ended up staying at the beach for a while longer and Sophie was fine with all the dogs around her. She said once "me like dogs except the gray ones with funny ears, them is mean dogs".
No comments:
Post a Comment