Monday, December 14, 2009

New Attitude

The other day Todd and I were talking about how much we've changed in our 10 years of marriage. He said that I've changed a lot but he hasn't changed at all...I beg to differ but the thing that stood out to me was when he mentioned something about how when we were dating I was very independent and now I'm not. I thought about this for a while and realized I'm still independent except when it comes to him. I depend on him so much and I realized that I tend to get mad at him when he doesn't do things that I think he should do. Of course I don't tell him these are things he should be doing I simply expect him to know. Poor guy.

So this weekend Todd was sick and so I ended up shoveling the driveway two days in a row and as I was thinking about it there really is no reason why I can't shovel. Instead of getting mad at him I should just do as much as I can and not complain about "boy jobs" and "girl jobs". I am so lucky to have a husband who works so hard and does so much to help with the kids and still has time to have fun and hang out with me. So I have a new attitude with getting stuff done and if it needs to be done I'll just do it instead of complain about having to do "boy jobs".

No comments: