It was cold and way too early for the boys. Danny, Timmy, Mark, Todd, Tayson and I all ran. I thought Todd was going to kill me when I woke him up 4 hours after he went to bed to get up to go run in the cold. Morning is not his favorite time. Danny killed all of us (of course). Mark and Timmy found me within the first 400 meters (the boys and girls start separately) and we ran together the whole time. I forgot to take my accelGel and really felt it about half way in since we were keeping a quick pace and I haven't pushed myself at all since the marathon 2 months ago. At mile 3 I really started hurting and told them I was hurting and Mark said "this is where Schultz's are best.....and you're mostly Schultz" that made me laugh since we are the exact same amount of Schultz. But we held our pace and then at 1/4 mile to go we were running around 7:15 pace which was killing me and then Timmy and Mark took off like they weren't even tired. RIDICULOUS! I had nothing left to give and ran as fast as I could but just had no more to give. I beat my time from last year by 7 seconds so I left happy. Tayson ran his race after us. He was pretty upset at first and didn't want to run but Timmy worked his magic and got him to run his half-mile. He did great and finished in 4:06. It makes me happy that he loves to run and is pretty competitive, now I just need to find a way to help him run more to get even faster.
Before the race
(Todd, Danny, Timmy, Mark
Me and Tayson)
(Todd, Danny, Timmy, Mark
Me and Tayson)
After the race
Showing off our numbers
(in case you didn't know we got shirts made with our
number on the back of when we became a part of the family)
(in case you didn't know we got shirts made with our
number on the back of when we became a part of the family)
Look at Tayson go!!!
1 comment:
You are a stud, if I wasn't slaving in the kitchen, I would have been there, but trailing behind you! Speedster!
Post a Comment