Saturday, August 7, 2010

Provo River Trail 1/2 Marathon

It just so happened that David and Kami scheduled Dean's baby blessing on the same weekend as the Provo River Trail 1/2 marathon. A few months back when I was training for Ragnar Todd said since he is traveling so much and can't do triathlons he wanted to do a 1/2 marathon. So I found this one and signed us both up. Then because Danny was coming in town for the baby blessing he signed up too. YIPPEE!


Danny, Todd & I at the start

Danny finishing strong

Todd coming in strong to the finish

After the race

I have been having a really hard time staying motivated with running since Ragnar - that race just took it all out of me. But we had already signed up and I really wanted to do this run with 2 of my favorite guys so I got out there and did it. It was a nice downhill run (except for 1 mile from 7-8 which was a slight uphill) so it was a very fast run. Both of my 1/2 marathons from last year I finished in 1:58 so I really wanted to beat that time. I finished in 1:49 (my garmin said an 8:20 pace)! WOO HOO! Todd came in at 1:50 and we were by each other but not running "together" the whole race. Danny kicked butt and came in under 1:30 - holy cow.

There are no pictures of me at the finish because Danny told Timmy that I was wearing a white top so he missed me when I came cruising by in my all black outfit :)

No comments: