Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July - Flashback

I couldn't find many pictures of old 4th of July celebrations so I thought I would put a few in of the kids from 2006.

Most of my favorite 4th of July memories are of the VP Fair in St. Louis. We had so much fun going downtown and watching the fireworks show and the air show (of course my dad made sure we knew all the planes since they were all from where he worked). They would shoot the fireworks off a barge in the Missouri River and you could lay under the Arch watching them up in the sky. It was amazing and free (unlike the Stadium of Fire here). The last time I went to the Stadium of Fire was the month before Tayson was born. It was over 100 degrees, and I was hot and uncomfortable and now I have no desire to ever go back. Maybe when my kids get older I'll change my tune. We always do a fun family bar-b-que and fireworks in the street now. The kids love it!


Claire's first 4th of July celebration - 2006.



Tayson and Luke lighting sparklers - 2006.

1 comment:

Dana and Chase said...

We went to the arch last night and it was so beautiful!!!! ill post pictures soon so you can see them and feel like you were there :) miss you guys!