Pacific Crest Half-Marathon 2007
Sherry and ISomehow I let Sherry talk me into doing this race. To date this is the furthest I've ever run (13.1 miles). The race was beautiful and fun and I felt great the entire race. When I had about 1/4 mile left I heard Sherry cheering me on and then she jumped in and helped me pick it up for my finish. I love this picture of us together. Sherry is my idol so having this picture of us together is very motivational for me. The race was in Sunriver Oregon which was so much fun. The day of the race I wanted to just lay on the couch crashed but instead Sherry made us all get on beach cruiser bikes and go to the pool, and into town and all over the place. We rode those crazy bikes everywhere. We didn't want to take the whole family so just Tayson and I went. We rode there with my mom and home with David and Kami. It was the craziest road trip. Tayson was hilarious. He wanted his pillow out of the trunk on the way home and kept telling me to climb back to get it and that he would watch for police. Then he said he was just going to look at the mountains. Until finally he fell asleep. It was such a fun trip - I want to go back and do that race again sometime - maybe next year.
Spudman 2001
Sherry, Heidi and IThis was the first competitive event I did since high school. Sherry talked Heidi and I into signing up for the race and then Heidi and I trained our hearts out. We did the race on our brand new mountain bikes (what was I thinking). When we told Brandon we were doing the race he asked what our goal was and we both said that we just didn't want to be last. He got such a kick out of that and said he was really going to laugh when we were trying to out race each other to the finish line so we wouldn't be last. We were both smack dab in the middle .... no where near last!
Now off to make more memories in Moab with my awesome workout buddies.
1 comment:
I'm sure it was great fun! I love Moab!
Post a Comment