I've decided that every Friday I'm going to do a post on ten things that made me happy during the week. This is my version of counting all my blessings and then on days when I'm seeing the world as a hard place instead of a happy place I can read these posts and remember how many things I have to be happy about.
My Parents: This week Chelsea (my nanny) is on vacation so my mom is watching my kids. Everyday I have come home to wonderful surprises like having all my wash done, my garage cleaned out and swept, all the dishes done, a clean house and very happy kids. I don't know how my mom has all the energy but she is so good to me. And my dad has been running carpools and errands all week to help out too. What a blessing to have such great parents and living so close is an added blessing.
Spring: The weather this week has been great. No snow and most of the days were sunny and warm enough for my kids to play outside.
Red Shoes: I wore my fun red shoes this week and I just love them. Everyone should have a pair of red shoes to spice up any outfit.
Kelly: My 16 year old nephew moved in with us this week for a few months. And it has been so fun to have him around playing with the kids and I love having another built in babysitter. I am so lucky that I have 2 free babysitters who my kids love.
Bikes and Rain: One morning this week my dad came over to the house to bring my mom something and he rode his bike. He saw that it was getting ready to rain so he wanted to beat the rain. Watching him ride away as fast as he could reminded me of when I was a kid and would try to out bike storms in Missouri. I smiled all day every time I thought about it.
Blogging: I love keeping up on my friends lives and I love having somewhere to write down my thoughts on a regular basis.
My Heating Pad: Everyday this week I have relaxed on my bed with my heating pad and a good book and it makes my back feel so much better at the end of the day. Hopefully I can make it 17 more weeks without my back going out!!!
Sleep: This week has been a great week for sleeping. The kids are healthy and happy and have been sleeping great which means I get to sleep great and that makes me happy!
My Calling: I have the best calling in the church - I am a Relief Society teacher and I teach the 2nd week of every month. I love the lessons and I have grown so much over the last year in my calling. I've also loved that my calling has helped me develop relationships with so many great women in my ward.
My Pink Fuzzy Bathrobe: It is just so comfy I love it.
4 comments:
Kathy- I hope you dont mind I found you through Lisa Brobergs blog, I just wanted to say congratulations, I had heard you were pregnant. I miss the ward and all of you. I think your idea about the small things is great. Keep in touch. Hillary paulsen5.blogspot.com
So i don't know how my mom has all the energy she does either. my life is kicking my butt right now.
Great idea Kathy, I had a really crappy day today and so maybe I'll make a list too. :) Hmm, I'll start with
#1 Leftover chocolate orange I found in the back of the pantry from Christmas, definitely something I am thankful for right now when I was really needing some chocolate.
I will smile all day thinking about your dad too...how cute is that?
I own a pair of red shoes that I love.
I would love to trade you callings...you also have my favorite calling..enjoy it while it lasts!
Post a Comment