So I am not one to shop at Wal-Mart - it's too stressful for me. The aisles are too small and there are too many people. I have been hit by people's carts one to many times so I avoid it as much as I can. Last Saturday I was on the go all day trying to get a few things done (like going to breakfast with the girls and buying some new maternity clothes) but I absolutely had to go to the store before my big fun date with Todd that night (we went to see "The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee Contest" - so fun!). I was completely out of trash bags and diapers...so no waiting until Monday.
So I thought since Todd was home with the kids all morning while I did fun stuff I should let him go play volleyball in the afternoon. So I took all 3 kids to Wal-Mart for a "quick" trip. Yea right. First we got there I get all the kids out of their car seats and through the parking lot only to find no shopping carts. So we all head back out into the parking lot. Since I only have 2 hands and 3 kids it can get a little crazy in a parking lot and one option for the boys is to hold my back pocket so I know they are close and where they are. This is Luke's favorite way to walk in a parking lot and while we went to get our cart he kept pulling on my pants until I swear they almost fell down! So we got our cart which only sat 2 and was so big it was hard to steer and headed into the store. Because it only had 2 seats Tayson just stood next to Luke's seat and they were so close there was no way to keep them from constantly touching each other.
We made it through the food section with only a few extra items that I would normally not buy thanks to Tayson being my "runner" and loading up the cart. On our way past the diapers and over to the toys I was telling Luke to stop touching Claire and she was yelling at him when I ran into an old friend who I haven't seen in over a year. Just how you want your friends to see you....3 kids out of control! She has 5 of her own kids (lucky for her they were at home) so she just laughed with me at the insanity. We had to get lots of toys for the boys for their book and potty charts (yep, I am all about bribery), and the kids were amazingly good during the toy shopping part of our trip. Then we headed to the checkout and I ran into my sister (good thing I showered and wasn't wearing pajama bottoms since I always run into people at Wal-Mart). I let the kids each buy a treat at the checkout so we made it through without any huge meltdowns. Then when we walked outside some huge wind and rain storm hit and we got soaked and almost blown away in the parking lot. I am so the mom I swore I would never be before I had kids....I just sat there while they fought in the shopping cart then I even bought them treats to keep them quite! Oh well we got our diapers and trash bags. I swear I am never going anywhere near Wal-Mart again on a Saturday, especially with all my kids!!!
3 comments:
So funny...just last Saturday, I told LG...I HATE shopping on Saturdays...esp with 3 kids...I am NEVER doing it again...what do you do? You gotta have the diapers!
Nothing worse than Wal-Mart on a Saturday...especially in Utah County! One time while I was there I saw a 4-year-old, wearing only a diaper, sitting in the cart with a cat (a real cat!), and the mom wearing cutoffs and a bra pushing the cart. I'm sure no one even noticed your kids!
tell lacey that she should come to TN and try out our Wal-Mart on a Sat..the cut offs and a cat wouldn't look so wierd out here :)
Post a Comment