Thursday, March 20, 2008

Look at the Bright Side

My last boss used to tease me and call me Pollyanna because I can be overly optimistic. But this past week I was thinking about a few things in my life and how I could easily dwell on the negative side or focus on the positive side. I'm choosing to look at the bright side.

Claire hasn't cried once when going #2 in the last 2 weeks. This is a huge improvement for her and I am so excited. She has had problems since last October. The downside of this one is that now she is back to square 1 with potty training, but I would much rather focus on her being healthy and happy. She still loves to sit on the potty and read books she just rarely goes any more.

The other one I was thinking about is pregnancy. The part of pregnancy I hate the most is that I put on the pounds (I'm rarely in the recommended 25-35 lbs range) I gained 50 with Tayson!!! UGH. But I am so lucky that I never get sick I don't throw up and I don't have food aversions...which is why I put on the pounds. But when I see my friends sick it makes me so grateful that I don't get sick and I try to remember that every time I get on the scale at the doctor's office.

No comments: