Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's Potty Time

Mornings are usually a little hectic for me. I got home from the gym this morning at about 7:15 and the boys were already awake and downstairs playing so I had time to jump in the shower and try to start getting ready. Right after my shower I heard Claire talking in her room so I went to get her out of her crib. She wanted to get dressed right away rather than kick it in her jammies like most mornings. Then she just hung around me while I tried to put on makeup. In no time it was 7:45 and time to get Tayson dressed, fed and off to school. On his way up he banged his knee on the door frame which caused him to be completely incapable of walking - he's so dramatic. I of course can't carry him up the stairs without killing my back so I woke up Todd to have him carry Tayson upstairs (it just wasn't worth fighting with Tayson). When Todd went downstairs Tayson was feeling well enough to run around playing with Luke so he ended up having to walk upstairs all on his own. :) He was really good this morning and ate 2 bowls of cereal and got dressed fast so we had a few minutes before he had to walk to the bus stop so he yells "it's potty time!" Tayson got Luke and Claire and headed back into the bathroom where I was still trying to finish getting ready. We got Luke on the big potty, Claire on her potty seat and Tayson grabbed his Diego folding chair and Todd's guitar and started playing a "potty song" for them and singing to them. It was so hilarious to me.

Tayson loves potty time and is always encouraging Luke and Claire to go sit on the potty so he can do the robot dance, sing them a song, read them a book or just be silly for them. Of course it gets pretty crowded in the bathroom when the whole family has to be in there. I love Tayson's enthusiasm with potty training. If only Luke and Claire would go potty!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AH man, I thought that they would be potty trained...the thought of the robot dance makes me wonder if they are "not succeeding" on purpose...they don't want to lost the entertainment :)